Monday, June 23, 2014

Great eBook Bargains are Everywhere Right Now

So as I've mentioned before, I'm warming to the idea of eBooks. Slowly. I'm sure finally joining the modern age and getting my Samsung Galaxy has helped. I love that I can send an eBook file from my laptop to my phone or download one from the different online services I get them from whenever I need. It's nice to know my days of being stuck on the train or eating lunch without a book are basically over.

That being said, I'm always on the hunt for great deals and new authors. That's why I'm very excited about the different eBook bargains I've run across recently. I can combine my love of loving authors with my love of being a miserly young curmudgeon.

First, find you favorite authors and follow them on social media. They will often talk about any discounting promotions going on with their books. Also, look through the forums of some of the groups on Goodreads. Authors, especially independents, will often post about discounts they are offering. If any of you aren't regularly looking on the sub-reddit /r/fantasy, you really should be. Just a quick browse today let me see a few bargain priced eBooks , such as The Thousand Names by Django Wexler (what a great name btw) and Hollow World by Michael J. Sullivan, who is a great guy.

Social media is also a great way to follow your favorite publishers. I follow all my favorite publishers on Facebook and get notified every time they have something special going on. Every week I look for a post from Orbit Books advertising their Orbital Drop, a special eBook sale with titles that change all the time. Paying attention to the goings on of your favorite publishers can help you identify new authors to try too.

You can also bargain hunt with sites like Amazon. Amazon is a huge eBook retailer. Although they may be controversial with their practices, you can get a great deal on eBooks they are having a special sale on. Just this week I was introduced to a site called Book Bub, which is free to subscribe to. Book Bub takes your interests and sends you a daily email with bargain priced or free eBooks you can get online. I just started and I already downloaded a book from a new author that I can't wait to try out. There are a lot of sites like that that you can use to find bargains.

Bargain eBooks are a great way to find some new books to read. Hopefully you will find some new favorites and go on to purchase more of the author's work. If you know of any other great places to find a deal on books leave me a comment. I'm always looking for new deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment