Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Why do I always have to wait for the books I'm dying to read?

If you've read any of my reviews (God I hope you have) you may have noticed I have a tendency to mix the old in with the new. Star Trek Vanguard is a great example. There's a really simple reason for this...I'm really, really impatient!

Older series appeal to me because I don't have to wait for new volumes to come out. I can read all of Vanguard in my own time. In the meantime, I have to wait nearly two years to get the 2nd volume in The Way of Kings, and I get a new volume of David Weber's Safehold series about once a year. I'm not complaining about these books. They're some of my favorites and well worth the wait, but often times I don't want to wait. Waiting drives me nuts. Well ladies and gents, there's a new book that's going to drive me crazy for a few months.

Ann Leckie has been making news lately (if you read my sort of news) for her book Ancillary Justice. The book has been nominated for many awards this year, and it won a Nebula award. I think it won with good reason. I loved the book, but that's not the point of this post. The point, Ms. Leckie, is that I became aware of the sequel today, Ancillary Sword, which doesn't come out until October. It's all I've been obsessing over all day. Thanks Ann. I guess I know what I'm buying myself for my Fiancé's birthday in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment